About battery life | Community
Skip to main content
Solved

About battery life

• 23 May 2024

How do I know the lifespan of the TU600's internal battery?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @SAK - thank you for posting! This is the answer I found for you:

Since the TU600 internal battery is a backup battery which only sees significant use when the device gets disconnected it is also very hard to give you an exact life span.
We can however say that we have selected a quality cell, from a tier 1 supplier, for our battery pack in order to get as long life span as possible.
We have batteries out in the field which are still going strong after many years in the field.

Hope it helps.

THanks,

Stine

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you.
Can't you tell from the "Battery level" and "Battery percentage" values of Power in Telematics?
At the end of its life, it becomes 0V.

ありがとうございます。
Telematicsの中のPowerの「Battery level」や「Battery percentage」の数値からわかりませんか。
寿命が来ると「0V」になるなど。

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Not for the internal battery. If you suspect something is wrong with your internal battery there is a troubleshooting article here https://help.trackunit.com/en/articles/146103-how-do-i-troubleshoot-my-raw-unit

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you.
It was very helpful.
Is it possible to replace only the internal battery of TU600?

If possible, can you do it yourself?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @SAK - this is the answer I found for you:

The battery can be ordered as a spare part from Trackunit.
It is possible to replace it yourself.
Do please remember that warranty is void if you open the device. However, it should not be necessary to replace the battery within the warranty time.

How to know if the battery needs replacement?:
When new the unit will typically continue to report 5-7 days after being disconnected from external supply (depending on settings and cellular network conditions).
If a unit only reports let's say 2 days after being disconnected from external supply it is an indicator that the battery needs replacement.

Thanks,

Stine

Userlevel 3
Badge

thank you.
It was very helpful.

ありがとうございます。
とても参考になりました。