Access for end customers - Machine not visible | Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Access for end customers - Machine not visible

• 18 June 2024

Hello, I am a dealer and have bought a machine from another dealer.

My dealer has already given me Track Unit access, I can see the machine.

My dealer is registered in the program as the owner of the machine

Now I would like to give my end customer (who used and paid for the machine) access. I have already created an account for the end customer via Administration > Account > and have also logged in as a test. However, the end customer cannot see the machine and I am not the owner of the machine. The owner is the other dealer from whom I got the machine and I, as the dealer, must now explain and give the end customer TrackUnit access. I am asking for help. Finally, my end customer must have access to your machine - and ideally only to this one and not to any others that I may sell later. Thank you for your help. BG Julia

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Julia, 

only the owner of the asset can forward the ownership to another account or share the asset’s visibility. Thus, in your case the dealer who has the ownership of the asset can:

1. Transfer asset ownership to you or to your end - customer
    1. if you become the owner of the asset you can then either forward the ownership or share asset visibility
  2. Share asset visibility to your end- customer directly

You are in full control what assets you share with your end-customer, thus as long as your end customer has their own account, they will only see assets you have shared. 

Let us know if this was helpful or you have more questions about it. 

Hi, many thanks.

This was helpful, I  have no more questions.