Why can't I put in my equipment hours for service rather then the date? | Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Why can't I put in my equipment hours for service rather then the date?

• 30 May 2024

I would like to use service management to follow my track life. I can do it on classic but not on new. Need a way to input hours manually. tracking track chains life can't be done by date because it's not always the same.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @DEW equipment - thank you for posting and sorry to leave you hanging! I’ll see if I can get some eyes on this.

Cheers,

Stine

Userlevel 3

Hi @DEW equipment  - thanks for reaching out!  Our Service Management app is an automated solution that looks at the data that comes in from the CAN profile.  When you assign a service plan to an asset, the system will automatically look up the hours for the asset based on the date that the service plan was assigned, so the logic is that there shouldn’t be a need to manually input hours, but we recognize that the real world isn’t always so clean cut!

Could you give me a bit more information on how are you currently using the Service Module in Classic to track services for your assets? This will help me better assist you on how we can solve your problem.

Cheers,

Zeina

Hi Zeina,

So right now, in Classic I can go in and change the hours that I need to recheck my tracks. For example, if I have a service plane set up to look at them at 500hr and depending on what condition they are in I might move my next check to 700hrs. So, if I could change the hours rather than the date, I wouldn't have to create a new service plane every time. Also, If I do a service and it doesn't get imputed right away, I can be 10hours off on my next one. If I can set up a plane based off of hours and not the date it is more accurate way of servicing.

Userlevel 3

Hi @DEW equipment ,

There are a couple of things here that I hope I can clarify-

1. With Service Management, you can set up a service plan based on operating hours (it is called “Time” in the dropdown selection), so it doesn’t always have to be based on calendar date.
  2.  If I understand your use case correctly when the next service should come due depends on the current state of your tracks when you perform the current service?  Because our service plans are decoupled from the assets - meaning you have to first create your plan and then assign them to your assets - you have the option to create a single service every time, which I don’t recommend because it is very time consuming, or you can create a recurrent service that comes due at your defined interval.  Unfortunately with the current solution you cannot modify the individual intervals for the asset. If the service is set for every 500 hours then the service will come due every 500 hours- the only option here is to keep it fixed so it comes due at 500, 1000, 1500, etc… or you can offset it- so the next service will come due 500 hours after the previous service was done.  So if service was due at 500h, but you performed the service at 600h- with the offset service, the next service will come due at 1100h.  That is the option we have at this time, but I will definitely take this into consideration as a possible improvement for our service plans.
  3. With Service Management when you select a date of when to perform the service, you have the option to backdate the service.  So if service was done on Jan 1st, but you were not able to input it until Jan 5th- you can backdate the service to Jan 1st and they system will use the hours for Jan 1st to log when the service was done.

I hope some of this helps!