Manager Classic | Community
Solved

Manager Classic

• 12 April 2024

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Laying the foundation

Select a vehicle from the "Settings tab" in "Manager Classic" and select "Hours Start:" in "Start" displayed in "EDIT" for what purpose?
Is the usage different from "Verify"?

icon

Best answer by Daniel B 12 April 2024, 15:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello SAK,

In the beginning I was entering the hours in “Verify”. I ended up having problems with total hours.

Setting the “start hours” in “Classic” is what you should do. 

Trackunit connected to CAN bus:

Some machines will give the hours from the CAN bus (engine ECU). Those will be set automatically after a few minutes of running. The machine display might not show the same hours. You might have to adjust. For example, I have a machine that had a 6 h difference between the CAN bus (ECU) and the display. To have Trackunit show the same hours on display, I had to enter -6 hours in Classic / settings / edit / hours start.

Trackunit NO CAN bus:

Some machines won’t have CAN bus, so hours will show on a digital display or on an hour meter. For those, you have to set the hours through Classic / settings / edit / hours start, so they match the machine.

I hope this can help.

Hi SAK,

• Classic: Displays “preRun1” (offset / hours start).
    If you need to adjust and calibrate the total hours, you'll need to figure out how many hours you want to add or subtract and enter that adjustment.
  • Verify: Shows total hours (= hours reported by device + offset / hours start).
    When you input the total hours on the machine's display, the system automatically calculates the calibration for the offset or starting hours.

•  
Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you.

Does "preRun1" mean the classic "Hours Start:6918"?
Does this basically mean "If you want to adjust and calibrate the total time, enter it here"?
On the other hand, "Verify:" is where the result entered in "Hours Start: 6918" is displayed, so is there no need to enter it?
Or when do you need to input it?

Hi SAK,​

1. Yes, except that preRun1 is in seconds and “hours starts” is in hours, basically enter here to adjust.
  2. Correct, here is shown the adjusted “hours”; i.e., hours reported by device and modified with the preRun1 / “hours start”. If you enter what the machine shows on the dashboard then the “hours start” / preRun1 will be derived in the platform.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you.

For example, there are "vehicles that do not have CAN signals" and "vehicles that do not use CAN Engine Total Hours of Operation (SPN247) signals."
Would you like to input the "car hour meter" when installed into "preRun1"?

Hi SAK,

Yes, for a car typically you would be interested in KM, that is why we also have a preKM.
The car would count “hours” the same way with IN2 (as running) as a machine would do on IN1 (as running).
KM would be counted by GPS.

© 2024 Trackunit Corporation. All rights reserved.